Founded in 1959 by Father John G. Webb, Talbot House has been guiding the addiction, recovery, and rehabilitation of men from across Nova Scotia and throughout Atlantic Canada. Talbot House is a registered non-profit charity with a volunteer Board of Directors that meets regularly to set the policy and vision of our service.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Antigonish sponsors us as a social outreach primarily to addicted men from across Nova Scotia, but serving beyond this area when asked. The only requirement for application to our program is a sincere desire to enter into a healthy recovery from addiction.
For the most part, our clients are chronic addicts who, because of their addiction, find themselves homeless, involved with the court system, and isolated from their families.
- Typical Number of Residents: 18
- Average Length of Stay: 6-9 months (minimum 3 months)
- Average Number of Residents Per Year: 25-30
- Average Age of Residents: 35
- Origin of Residents: Atlantic Canada (province wide)